The 54th Carnival of Real Estate is now live over at fellow white African Erik Hersman’s Realty Thoughts blog. Of the no-doubt numerous entries he received, he picked out 6 for special mention, including yours truly’s article on Redfin as an example of the Innovator’s Dilemma. I’m honored.
Prolific blogger, writer par excellence, controversy-stirrer, and maverick Greg Swann, disappointed with the judging and content of recent Carnivals, sets off on a course of his own with his weekly re.net writing contest. I’m honored to be the recipient of his inaugural Odysseus Medal, with the same article as above.
Other winners in Greg’s contest were:
- Michael Cook wins the People’s Choice award for his article challenging Realtors to concentrate on their clients.
- Benn Rosales wins the Black Pearl award for pointing out the danger of the mortgage drama becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Back to Erik’s carnival, other finalists were:
- Jonathan Dalton, with What Have We Taught Our Clients?
- Lani Anglin, with Obsession With Youth? I Think Not!
- Patrick Kapowich*, with How Can Brokers Protect Themselves From Agent Promotion? Pat notes that brokers who profess to be unaware (and often unconcerned) about what their agents are writing online may soon get a good old fashioned legal educatin’ for their troubles.
- Benn Rosales also scores a two-fer with his Mortage Drama, Real Estate Bubble, Dotcom Disaster.
- Finally, stager Craig Schiller sheds some light on what a bad idea it is to not stage a home when it’s on the market.
Thanks Erik for your hard work.
* Full disclosure: Pat Kapowich is a client of Domus Consulting, of which I am a Managing Principal.
Tags: Carnival of real estate, The Odysseus Medal
Possibly related posts