Civilians and other normal people — scat. This post is only for hard core re.net geeks.
This just in via the grapevine…despite an earlier, uh, tiff, Dustin Luther and Greg Swann, formerly best friends, most recently not so tight…have made up. Dustin’s highly acclaimed 4Realz seminar series and Greg Swann’s Bloodhound Unchained conference will soon be merging.
Surprising news for those of us inclined to follow such events. Still, it makes good sense.
In Dustin’s words: “You know what? We’re targeting the same group of clients. We’re both trying to help the real estate industry better understand how to use online and offline marketing effectively. It just didn’t make sense for us to stay separate.”
Greg Swann concurred (I think): “Luceat lux vestra! Luctor et emergo, silentium est aureum. sic semper tyrannis. Quid pro quo — quo vadis? Ipsom lorem. Sine quo non. In dentibus anticis frustrum magnum spiniciae habes!”
A potential sticking point — where to hold their joint conference — was easily resolved with the help of a slide rule and Google maps. Palm Springs, CA is more-or-less in between the two previous venues, so attendees of both upcoming conferences will be meeting in the middle.
The truce was apparently brokered by none other than Joe Ferrara, broker, attorney, and blogger extraordinaire.
Other surprising related revelations:
- The combined entity, to be known as “Bloodhound 4Realz Unchained,” is engaging the dynamic duo at 1000 Watt Consulting to market the event. At Greg Swann’s insistence, all market collateral will be in Latin haiku. Said Marc Davidson of 1000 Watt: “The haiku bit is no problem. My Latin’s a little rusty. But it should be no problem.”
- The combined entity is said to be in talks with Inman. Joel Burslem: “People were getting sick of the whole San Francisco and New York thing and indicated a different venue would be quite popular. We figured we should just combine all three of us. Details haven’t been finalized, but we’ll let you know as soon as we can.”
- The official exchange rate will start at 44 Realz to 3.7 Bloodhound Bucks, and 88 Realz will get you on the short list of the weekly Odysseus Medal.
- The official uniform of the conference will be day-glo-hued spandex tights with huge cod-pieces.
- Kevin Tomlinson, self proclaimed Google backlink whore, will provide refreshments, primarily Diet Coke and popcorn.
No tag for this post. Possibly related posts
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: related_posts() in /home/kevinboe/public_html/blog/wp-content/themes/Cutline 1.1-3ColumnSplit/single.php on line 36