With due apologies to my civilian readers, my content over the next few days will be heavy on the geeky-technology-side of real estate — you know, with the Inman conference starting tomorrow and all.
Tonight’s back-to-back pre-conference events were sponsored by Zillow and Trulia at bars only a few blocks apart. T-shirts, free alcohol, and bloggers were all in abundance.
Personal highlights included…
1) meeting The Incomparable Kris Berg (her new official title)…here pictured with Dan Green. Despite her travails during the long trip here all the way from San Diego, she appeared in good spirits.
2) Connecting again with David G from Zillow, complete with a t-shirt that read “I’m DavidG from Zillow. Who the hell are you?” Here he is shown with special agent Therese Swan of Alain Pinel Realtors.
3) Scoring a t-shirt from Trulia, here modeled by none other than CEO Pete Flint. First the front (”Find me on Trulia Voices”), then the back (”because I’m too old for Myspace.”) A rumor was circulating that earlier versions of this t-shirt had the punchline “because I’m not creepy enough for Myspace.”
4) Getting a look at the fabled Sellsius blog mobile, fresh from a cross country trip:
5) Meeting the Sellsius twins again…Joe here pictured with Ardell Dellaloggia and Dan Green…and then with Mark Lesswing from NAR. (Mark graciously forgave me for asking some tough questions during his presentation a few months ago at an Opes Advisors-sponsored event.)
6) Talking with Mike Simonsen of Altos Research (my blogfather), Joel Burslem (Inman and Future of Real Estate Marketing.com), and Scott Sambucci, also of Altos Research.
7) Comedic highlight of the evening was this somewhat futilely-posted sign, missing perhaps at least a zero, judging by the size of the crowd.
Tags: Inman, Mark Lesswing, NAR, Pete Flint, Trulia, Zillow