With due apologies to my civilian readers, my content over the next few days will be heavy on the geeky-technology-side of real estate — you know, with the Inman conference starting tomorrow and all.
Tonight’s back-to-back pre-conference events were sponsored by Zillow and Trulia at bars only a few blocks apart. T-shirts, free alcohol, and bloggers were all in abundance.
Personal highlights included…
1) meeting The Incomparable Kris Berg (her new official title)…here pictured with Dan Green. Despite her travails during the long trip here all the way from San Diego, she appeared in good spirits.
2) Connecting again with David G from Zillow, complete with a t-shirt that read “I’m DavidG from Zillow. Who the hell are you?” Here he is shown with special agent Therese Swan of Alain Pinel Realtors.
3) Scoring a t-shirt from Trulia, here modeled by none other than CEO Pete Flint. First the front (”Find me on Trulia Voices”), then the back (”because I’m too old for Myspace.”) A rumor was circulating that earlier versions of this t-shirt had the punchline “because I’m not creepy enough for Myspace.”
4) Getting a look at the fabled Sellsius blog mobile, fresh from a cross country trip:
5) Meeting the Sellsius twins again…Joe here pictured with Ardell Dellaloggia and Dan Green…and then with Mark Lesswing from NAR. (Mark graciously forgave me for asking some tough questions during his presentation a few months ago at an Opes Advisors-sponsored event.)
6) Talking with Mike Simonsen of Altos Research (my blogfather), Joel Burslem (Inman and Future of Real Estate Marketing.com), and Scott Sambucci, also of Altos Research.
7) Comedic highlight of the evening was this somewhat futilely-posted sign, missing perhaps at least a zero, judging by the size of the crowd.
Tags: Inman, Mark Lesswing, NAR, Pete Flint, Trulia, Zillow
Possibly related posts
8 responses so far ↓
1 Pete Flint from Trulia.com // Jul 31, 2007 at 9:33 pm
Great to see you and other folks from Trulia Voices this evening, I had a great time meeting up with everyone.
And I don’t have a myspace profile - honestly!
2 Magnus // Aug 1, 2007 at 2:29 am
Great post. Looking forward to read more about the Inman conf at your blog since I don’t have the opportunity to be there in person.
3 Kris Berg // Aug 1, 2007 at 5:51 am
Incomparable? I am stilling choosing to believe this is a compliment, but my gut tells me otherwise. It was great meeting you in the flesh, Kevin (figuratively speaking, of course)!
4 Diane Aurit // Aug 1, 2007 at 11:43 am
Thanks for letting us live vicariously through you during the Inman Connect…keep the posts coming! I have a myspace profile because that is how my 25-year-old daughter shares pictures with me…she invited me as her friend, honest! You do make me laugh out loud!
5 Jay Thompson // Aug 1, 2007 at 3:35 pm
Thanks for the update and pics! Wish I was there….
6 Dan Green // Aug 1, 2007 at 4:11 pm
Thanks, Kevin, for all the glamour shots.
7 john harper // Aug 2, 2007 at 8:05 am
Have you announced yourself to the world yet as the Inveterate Matchmaker? Great job moderating the panel.
Also, your participation on earlier panel was good. You make a good presentation - your energy goes toward the audience, voice projects and you communicate confidence and authority.
8 Andy Kaufman // Aug 2, 2007 at 8:45 pm
Nice recap Kevin. It was almost a surreal experience to be at a tech bash in downtown SF and not be the only one in real estate.
BTW, it was great to finally meet you (and the 15 or so others I knew online but never met in person).
Leave a Comment