A while back Joel Burslem — author of FutureOfRealEstateMarketing.com — joined Inman.
Today we hear that Rudy of Sellsius has joined Trulia.
Other (still unconfirmed) transitions we hear are in the works:
- Redfin buys Bloodhound Realty and its associated blog, and Greg Swann becomes Redfin’s Arizona broker-of-record. Redfin CEO Kelman, distressed at Swann’s self-proclaimed disinterest in national parks, sends him off to Yosemite to distribute Redfin stickers, with strict instructions to send back Latin-only postcards. Russell Shaw, sick of the traditional broker model, is seen handing out the Book of Kelman on street corners in Phoenix.
- Overwhelmed by her increased workload, Redfin media maven Cynthia Pang brings aboard uber-consultant Marc Davison — at Greg Swann’s recommendation. Marc and Greg are spotted writing press releases in Haiku.
- Rudy’s long-time business partner Joe Ferrara joins Zillow as its “Chief Zestimate Accuracy And Opt-Out Evangelist.”
- Brad Inman, founder of Inman News, having successfully convinced the real estate industry to adopt electronic signatures, heads to the Middle East to replace Tony Blair as peace envoy.
Athol Kay gets hired by Kodak. His new job? Do nothing, absolutely nothing. In particular, PLEASE DON’T POST ALL THOSE BAD PICTURES!!! It makes our industry look bad.
Marlow Harris, burnt out with real estate, moves to Memphis, TN, and becomes a Graceland docent.
- Daniel Rothamel moves to Masai Mara, Kenya and becomes a safari guide. On weekends, he heads into Nairobi to coach and ref basketball games.
- Dustin Luther, missing the corporate life, moves back to Move.com.
- Brian Brady gets an emergency call from Washington. “Bernanke quits. We need you. P.S. Leave the suspenders in San Diego.”
Tags: Humor, Industry, Inman, Redfin, Sellsius, Trulia, Zillow
Possibly related posts
19 responses so far ↓
1 Missy Caulk // Feb 1, 2008 at 7:29 pm
Thanks for the laugh, who knows? right?
2 Heather Fernandez // Feb 1, 2008 at 7:32 pm
HA HA HA HA - thanks Kevin, I needed that.
3 Kristal Kraft // Feb 1, 2008 at 7:33 pm
One can only hope. We need Brian Brady in Washington!
4 Lola Audu // Feb 1, 2008 at 7:49 pm
This was very funny Kevin. You know Brian Brady may be just what the doctor orders to clean up Washington…sans suspenders of course.
5 Kevin Boer, Broker Owner, 3 Oceans Real Estate, Inc. () // Feb 1, 2008 at 7:57 pm
Heather, I was trying to think of something appropriate to tag on you, but I didn’t want Pete to get worried you had other plans!
6 Dustin // Feb 1, 2008 at 8:26 pm
I was going to wait to break the story… but it looks like you scooped me on my own news! Who told you?
7 Kevin Boer // Feb 1, 2008 at 8:47 pm
Dustin — It was Alan. Alan Dalton.
8 Cynthia Pang // Feb 1, 2008 at 9:21 pm
Hmmm, real estate Haiku?! I better start practicing …
the winter solstice
favorites icons now have hearts
into the jungle
… and keep practicing.
Thanks for the Friday night chuckle. And Congrats, Rudy!
9 Jay Thompson // Feb 1, 2008 at 10:24 pm
That was outstanding Kevin!
10 Brian Brady // Feb 1, 2008 at 11:26 pm
Bernanke quits? No pressure, huh?
11 Joel Joins Inman, Now Rudy Joins Trulia; Predictions Of Upcoming Blogger Transitions | BloodhoundBlog: Real estate marketing and technology blog | Realtors and real estate, mortgages, lending, investments // Feb 2, 2008 at 12:31 am
[...] Joel Joins Inman, Now Rudy Joins Trulia; Predictions Of Upcoming Blogger Transitions, by Kevin Boer. [...]
12 rudy // Feb 2, 2008 at 5:59 am
Instant classic Kevin! Love it….
In the spirit of Super Bowl Sunday, where can we place our wagers on your predictions?
13 Geno Petro // Feb 2, 2008 at 6:01 am
Kevin, I had no idea you were so funny.
14 Kaye Thomas // Feb 2, 2008 at 8:00 am
Oh my gosh.. I can’t stop laughing..
15 Athol Kay // Feb 2, 2008 at 8:18 am
I’m looking forward to doing nothing.
16 Russell Shaw // Feb 2, 2008 at 9:40 am
I am sick of the traditional model. I want customers to just send me a check.
17 Miss Marlow // Feb 2, 2008 at 11:11 am
Elvis is a star
With Graceland as my pillow
Seattle Dream Homes
18 Jeff Brown // Feb 2, 2008 at 10:07 pm
I’m still trying to imagine Russell on the corner! The way I’ve been feelin’ this week the laugh was just in time.
19 Greg Swann // Feb 4, 2008 at 9:43 pm
Been there. Done that.
Leave a Comment